The 20 in their Twenties program, supported by the PCMA Education Foundation, is designed to engage the best and brightest young professionals in the meetings and business event industry. By recognizing emerging leaders – and their talents – PCMA helps to support a new generation of business event strategists around the world.
20 in their Twenties Class of 2017
- Derek Anderson, Washington State Association of Counties, Olympia, WA
- Vanessa E. Bass, CMP, HMCC, New York, NY
- Alexandra Deering, Intuitive Surgical, Sunnyvale, CA
- Matthew B. Fox, Meeting Management Services, Inc., Washington, DC
- Christine Frye, CTA, National Trade Productions, Alexandria, VA
- Tessa Kalfell, Visit Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Eric Kincaid, Destination DC, Washington, DC
- Holly Lammert, Explore St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Amanda Marochko, DES, TQ, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Megan Martin, CMP, National Conference of State Legislatures, Denver, CO
- Johnny Martinez, ShockLogic, London, UK
- Kaitlyn Palatucci, American Frozen Food Institute, Arlington, VA
- Allison Perrelli, CMP, Conference & Logistics Consultants, Annapolis, MD
- Morgan Prewitt, CMP, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
- Katherine Sinnen, CMP, American Orthopaedic Association, Rosemont, IL
- Nichole Steele, Experience Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, MI
- Naida S. Struyk, CMP, National Contract Manager Association, Ashburn, VA
- Wei Nei Tan, Sarawak Convention Bureau, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Lindsey Walker, Visit Anaheim, Anaheim, CA
- Andrias White, MBA, CMP, CSEP, Events DC, Washington DC
“This is our fourth class and with each one, we are struck by the passion and insights these individuals bring to the business events community. It is our honor to recognize excellence in these bright and innovative leaders.” said Deborah Sexton, PCMA President and CEO.
Criteria for applicants was to be employed full time in the business event industry, be 29 years old or younger at the time of recognition and to demonstrate ways they consider themselves to be industry leaders. Applicants were not required to be PCMA members. A Committee made up of 20 in their twenties alumni and veteran industry professionals reviewed more than 60 applications in detail before deciding on the class.
The individuals selected will receive complimentary registration to attend PCMA’s signature event, Convening Leaders this January in Austin, TX; the Education Conference in New York City, NY in June 2017; as well as receive one year of PCMA membership. In addition, the award includes funds to cover travel expenses for Convening Leaders, membership and registration discounts for the next two years. They will also have the opportunity to be paired with an industry leader for three mentoring sessions to assist in further development of their innovation and career.
Recipients will be recognized at Convening Leaders in January, as well as in Convene Magazine and other PCMA communications.
PCMA inspires, connects and innovates the global business events community. We are the world’s largest community for Business Events Strategists; providing senior education and networking for the events sector. PCMA crafts and shares knowledge and market intelligence enabling organizations to make informed business decisions, while providing a platform for peer-to-peer exchange. Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA has 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico with members in more than 40 countries. For more information visit the PCMA website at pcma.org and the PCMA Convene magazine at pcmaconvene.org.